Agriculture and establishment of new rural areas:
To develop districts for production of mass commodity products, to focus on the application of progressive technical and scientific advance as well as machine-base cultivation methods from soil preparation phase to harvesting so as to produce high quality agriculture products which meet domestic and international market demand. The annual added value is expected to be 5.6% in the 2011-2020 period and 5% in the 2016 to 2020 period.
-To restructure the plantation according to the natural conditions (soil, climate, ecosystems...) of each region and market demand; to improve the efficiency of land use; to focus on developing certain crops of high economic value, such as coffee, rubber, cashew, pepper and fruit trees; and to ensure food safety.
- To stabilize the agricultural production area by 2020: 130,000 ha for rubber trees, 80 thousand ha for coffee, 27 thousand ha for cashew, over 8 thousand ha for pepper and tea, 25 thousand ha for sugarcane, 80 thousand ha for rice and 110 thousand ha for corn and cassava.
Breeding: To develop farmed and household livestock and poultry in association with preventive control and other sanitary measures... By 2020, about the number of cattle, pigs and poultry are expected to be 0.52 million, 0.55 million and 2.2 million respectively.
Forestry: To effectively operate the forestry socialization policy; to plan the structure of plantation involving of 3 types of forest abiding with forestry management, protection and development; to finish allocating forest and forest land to community so that people can benefit from forest.
Rural development: To gradually construct new countryside according to national set of criteria on establishment of new rural areas; to ensure that rural people can have better access to social services and public welfare; To develop rural economic forms according to specific development stage. It is expectedthat more than 24% and 54% of communes meet the standards of new rural by 2015 and 2020 respectively.
Development of physical infrastructure:
Traffic: By 2020, to complete and upgrade the transport system simultaneously, in the modernized, non-interrupted and smooth way according to each region andlocal's condition.
To gradually expand and upgrade the national highways connecting the provinces of Nhà cái and Highlands, Central Coastal region, meeting the economic cultural exchange demand between locals in consistent with the planned resources and sector.
To proactively and reasonably plan and allocate resources as planned for different stages for the construction, expansion and upgrade of district and provincial transport routes linking to the national roads, especially transportation along the highways, which helps forming the economic corridor, the space for urban, industry, tourism development ensuring the favorable traffic to the outsides.
To renovate and upgrade transport links as planned in cities: the city of Pleiku, An Khe town, Ayun Pa town; to develop a rural road network to the areas in the province for the redistribution of population, socio-economic development and traffic regulation
Irrigation systems: To develop the irrigation systems for multidisciplinary services and integrated exploitation, effectively meeting the conversion requirements of crops, livestock and economic restructuring in agriculture. By 2020, it is aimed to ensure a stable source of irrigation water for over 52 thousand ha of arable land, of which 32 thousand ha of agriculture wheat crops and 20 thousand ha of industrial plants and vegetables of all kinds.
Power supply systems, water supply and wastewater treatment:
- To upgrade and gradually modernize the entire system of power transmission and distribution, to ensure stable power supply with high quality to meet the requirements of social and economic development in the area; To focus on the construction of small hydropower plants and power supply network for remote, and ethnic minorities area.
- To develop a 220kV high and 110kV voltage grid as planned. It is expected to connect power grids and power plant development to the border provinces in Cambodia-Laos-Vietnam development triangle.
- To gradually invest, synchronize and upgrade the water supply system for urban and rural residents, ensuring the supply of drinking water to the people. By 2020, it is expected that 100% of households have access to clean water.
- To develop a comprehensive system of drainage; collection and treatment of wastewater, especially in urban areas, industrial parks and industrial clusters.
Telecommunications: To construct and develop the the high-capacity, speedy and qualified information and communication physical infrastructure with modern technology, safety and reliability to all geographical areas to meet the needs of information technology and to positively contribute to the socio-economic development, the national defense and security as well as the rescue and disaster mitigation.
Industry, construction: Industrial development meets the goals of growth and economic restructuring towards industrialization and modernization. From 2016 - 2020, the average growth rate is expected to reach 15.8%. By 2020, the industry is aimed to contribute to 26.6% of GDP and create jobs for 19% of social workers.
- To focus on the development of industries with competitive advantages and the use of local raw materials; to focus on industrial development for supporting agriculture and rural development as well as supporting industries; to develop new technologies to apply in industrial production; to increase the proportion of processing industry to enhance the economic efficiency; to build major commodity product groups.
- To invest, upgrade and develop the existing industrial facilities to improve the quality and competitiveness of industrial products for domestic demand and exports.
- To prioritize in the development of industry which attracts many workers such as agricultural and forest product processing, production of traditional products such as handicraft goods for tourism, bamboo weaving and brocatello weaving.
- To focus on improving the capacity of construction industry regarding quantity and quality; to focus on key projects in the area; to continue civilize and modernize the local areas according to different development stages. Growth rate in construction sector is expected to reach 14.2% by 2016-
To develop the services with high economic values such as trade, tourism, finance, banking and telecommunications. The average annual growth rate is expected to be 12.4% in period 2016-2020.
- To diversifyand improve the qualityof serviceoperations.To boost the mobilization of cargo, especially the consumption network of goods from cities and towns to remote areas, particularly remote and difficult areas; to expand the rural market and create the strong links between localities.
- To develop the tourist sites, and to construct new investment projects under planning.
- To strengthen the service activities with other localities of the Western Highlands, the Central Coastal Region and Ho Chi Minh City; to develop trade to other countries for export of agricultural products and import of materials supply, equipment and technology as well as other goods for production and life.