When moisture manages to touch a basement, whether through the air or as the result of a leak, mold starts growing on the surfaces. Bacteria can grow on carpets, ceilings, and in most cracks in your home, which means that it is virtually everywhere. The truth is that mold is not universally dangerous. There are many species of fungi that are used for making important medicines, not to mention that some play an important role in the food creation process. Nonetheless, there are some types of fungus that have devastating effects on the health and the safety of your property. Taking into account the harmful effects that mold can have on your home and your health, you should set your mind at easy by calling a Mold inspector. In what follows we will enlarge upon why it is important to get testing.

About mold testing

Even when you see visible traces of fungus in the home, you will still need to know what kind it is and to determine whether it is toxic, right? No. If you already see visible signs of fungus in your house, then you do not need testing or an inspection to tell you that you have a problem. What you should normally do if you see fungus is to remove it following industry guidelines or call a professional company to take care of your problem. The fact is that mold testing is completely unnecessary if you see bacteria. The reason why sampling is not necessary is that the same remediation principles apply to remove it, no matter the species or the color. You should consider having your home tested when the fungus is not apparent, but the smell is. An inspection can reveal if there is an elevated level of fungus and, most important, where it is located. You should also consider testing if you have plumbing leaks or health concerns that cannot be explained.

How mold can affect your health

The fungus is responsible for triggering allergic reactions, which is a serious health concern. Asthma attacks are created as well by fungus. For someone who has a high sensitivity towards mold, the mere spores will be dangerous. What is more, continued exposure to the bacteria is harmful for everyone, not just to those who are sensitive. The point is that your health as well as that of the occupants of the house can be severely affected by bacteria.

Protect your house

Taking into consideration that allergic reactions to the bacteria are not that uncommon, you should know if your home is infested. In addition to your family’s good health, you should protect your estate too. The first danger that the fungus brings is structural damage. Clutters of spores will fill your home with an annoying stench, but you should be aware that they are renowned for ruining every surface they come in contact with. This means that mold can actually eat away the very foundation of your house. Since the spores are airborne, they may contaminate your furniture, not to mention that they can destroy your beloved possessions.

There is no need for further detailing the harmful effects that mold can have on you or your home. The worst part about being infested is that you do not even know about it. It is impossible to know that there is fungus in the house since it is not particularly apparent. You will only realize there is a serious problem when you have health issues. For these reasons, you should have an inspector come and test your home.